Skip Navigation
Skip to contents

대한골대사학회

GNB 보기

학회 공지

[ASBMR] ASBMR Abstract Submission Deadline Extended to May 27!
작성자 대한골대사학회 / 작성일 2020-04-04 / 조회수 5199 / Link URL : https://www.asbmr.org/annual-meeting-faqs

ASBMR 2020 Annual Meeting Abstract Submission FAQs

Abstract Submission Deadline: Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Abstract Submission FAQs Specific to COVID-19

If the in-person ASBMR 2020 Annual Meeting is cancelled, will my abstract still be published?

• Yes. Regardless of if the meeting is held in-person or through another means, all accepted abstracts will be published as a supplement

to the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research (JBMR®).

Will there be a late-breaking abstract submission deadline?

• No. The ASBMR 2020 Annual Meeting will not have a late-breaking submission deadline.

All abstracts to this year’s Annual Meeting must be submitted by the May 27, 2020 deadline. 

My abstract was scheduled to be presented at another conference that was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It was also published in the organization’s journal. Can I still submit the abstract to the ASBMR 2020 Annual Meeting?

• Yes. If the presentation of your abstract was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, then you may submit the abstract for Oral and/or Poster Presentation consideration. 

If the in-person ASBMR Annual Meeting is cancelled, will I receive a refund for my abstract submission?

• No. A refund will not be provided for abstract submissions if the in-person Annual Meeting is cancelled. Regardless if the meeting is held in-person or through another means, all accepted abstracts will be published as a supplement to the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research (JBMR®).

If my abstract is selected for an abstract award or a Young Investigator Award, but I cannot travel to the meeting due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19, will I receive my award?

• Yes. Your abstract will still be recognized. Your plaque and a $500 honorarium will be sent to you in the mail. The additional travel component of the honorarium will not be provided.

If I receive a travel grant for the ASBMR 2020 Annual Meeting, but cannot travel, will I still receive the grant?

• You will not receive the money if unable to attend the meeting in-person. If a colleague can present in your place and meets the travel grant eligibility criteria, your travel grant may be transferred to them.  

When and how will I be notified if the status of the in-person ASBMR 2020 Annual Meeting changes?

• ASBMR is continuously monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic, and will notify all members, submitters and attendees with updates surrounding the Annual Meeting through email correspondence, the ASBMR 2020 Annual Meeting website, asbmr2020.org and ASBMR social media channels. 

*As more information surrounding COVID-19 is provided by WHO and CDC, we will continue to update our ASBMR website to keep you informed of any ASBMR policy changes.*

General Abstract Submission FAQS

What is my user name and password?

• For ASBMR members, it is your member login and password. If you are a nonmember or non-registered user of the ASBMR website, you will need to create a new account by clicking “create new account” on the homepage of the ASBMR Abstract Center. If you have forgotten your password, click on “forgot your password” on the login page and follow the instructions. If you are unable to create a new account with your email address, you may already have an existing account in ASBMR’s database. Contact ASBMR offices at asbmr@asbmr.org to verify.

What is the submission fee?

• The submission fee is $70 per abstract for all submitters. You may pay with Visa, MasterCard, or AMEX. The abstract submission fee is non-refundable. If you need to pay using a different mechanism, please contact the ASBMR Business Office at +1 (202) 367-1161.

Do I need a sponsor for my abstract?

• Yes. ASBMR policy requires that each abstract be sponsored by a current member of the ASBMR. Members may sponsor only one abstract, including their own. Current members in the following categories may sponsor their own abstracts: In-Training, APDEM, Full and Discounted.

What if I do not have a sponsor for the abstract?

• You or another co-author will need to join the ASBMR. For information on how to apply for membership, visit the ASBMR website at www.asbmr.org and click on “Join ASBMR” at the bottom right corner.

I just submitted an application for membership. May I sponsor my own abstract?

• Yes. Once you have submitted your payment, your ASBMR membership will be active, and you will be able to sponsor your own abstract. If you have not submitted an application for membership and are interested in becoming an ASBMR member, please contact asbmr@asbmr.org and ASBMR staff will assist you concerning this request. Current members in the following categories may sponsor their own abstracts: In-Training, APDEM, Full, and Discounted.

Can I be the primary author on more than one abstract?

• Yes. You may be the primary and/or co-author on an unlimited number of abstracts.

Both of my abstracts were selected to be oral presentations at the meeting, can I present them both?

• Yes. You can have more than one oral presentation, but the Program Committee may decide to limit the number of orals above two.

My colleague’s abstract was picked to be an oral presentation, but he cannot speak English very well. Can he still try to present?

• No. The presenting author must be fluent in English. If none of the authors are fluent in English, you need to select “Poster Only” from the drop down menu in the “Additional Information” section in the Abstract Center.

I have submitted my abstract as a manuscript to another Journal. Can I still submit my abstract to ASBMR?

• Yes. If your abstract will be published online or in print prior to Wednesday, May 27, 2020, you may still submit the abstract for presentation; however, you must check “Poster Only” in the “Additional Information” section in the Abstract Center.

How do I submit my abstract to the ASBMR Symposium on The Seed and Soil: Therapeutic Targets for Cancer and Bone?

• Abstracts submitted to the Annual Meeting will also be considered for poster presentation at this 1-day symposium. To be considered for poster presentation at this 1-day symposium, select the box indicating your willingness in Step 2.The symposium will be held on Thursday, September 10, 1 day prior to the ASBMR 2020 Annual Meeting.

How do I submit my abstract to the Bone Marrow Adiposity Society Meeting: Marrow Adiposity: Bone, Aging and Beyond?

• Abstracts submitted to the Annual Meeting will also be considered for poster presentation at this two day symposium. To be considered for poster presentation at this 2-day symposium, select the box indicating your willingness in Step 2. The symposium will be held on Wednesday, September 9, 2020 and Thursday, September 10, 2020, two days prior to the ASBMR 2020 Annual Meeting. 

*Please note that you may only submit your ASBMR 2020 Annual Meeting abstract to one ASBMR Pre-Meeting Event and you do not have to submit your abstract to either event if the abstract topic is not relevant to the events.

I presented my abstract at another meeting. May I still submit the abstract to ASBMR?

• Yes. However, the following guidelines apply to previously presented abstracts: 
  1. a) Abstracts presented orally or as a poster at a prior ASBMR meeting may not be submitted for either poster or oral presentation. 
  2. b) Abstracts that have received wide exposure may not be submitted for an oral presentation at an ASBMR meeting and should be marked “Poster Only” upon submission.
  3. c) If the abstract was to be presented at another meeting cancelled due to COVID-19 but still published, the abstract may still be submitted for oral or poster presentation consideration. 

Wide exposure is defined as an abstract presentation (poster or oral) at major U.S. and international meetings.

Previously presented abstracts (poster or oral) still qualify for oral presentation at the ASBMR Annual Meeting if they were presented at focused workshops and symposia such as: Gordon Conferences, Advances in Mineral Metabolism, ASBMR Topical Meetings, and Keystone Symposia.

What does the 2500 character limit for my abstract include?

• This includes all letters and spaces within the text of your abstract. Tables and graphics are not included in the character limit.

How do I upload my table if it is not an image file?

• You must copy and paste your table into the Paint program (or another image program) on your computer and save it as a .jpg, .jpeg, .png, or .gif file.

How do I change the order of the authors listed on the abstract?

• You may change the order of the authors by clicking on the area to the right of the author's name (where the cursor becomes two crossed arrows (          ) and dragging the name up or down into the preferred sequence.  

Please direct any additional questions regarding your abstract submission to the ASBMR at +1 (202) 367-1161 or abstracts@asbmr.org.  

[06626] 서울특별시 서초구 서초대로 78길 42 현대기림오피스텔 1001호 대한골대사학회

사업자 등록번호 106-82-62498 I 대표자성명 : 백기현

Copyright © The Korean Society for Bone and Mineral Research. All Rights Reserved.

• 대한골대사학회 트위터
  • 대한골대사학회 페이스북
  • 대한골대사학회 유투브